Meet the chewier sister of bibim-naengmyeon: jjolmyeon!
Watermelon Jjolmyeon (Spicy and Chewy Noodles with Watermelon)
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp vinegar white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar works!
- 2 tbsp rice syrup honey works too!
- 2 tbsp watermelon puree/juice
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochugaru
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- egg boiled
- cucumber sliced
- sesame seeds
- watermelon sliced
- 12 oz jjolmyun
- 4 oz blanched bean sprouts
- 4 oz sliced cabbage
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Boil and rinse your noodles according to package.
- Mix together the sauce and noodles. Start with a few tbsp of sauce and taste as you go. Adjust according to your tastebuds.
- Add in blanched soybean sprouts.
- Add in sliced cabbage.
- Mix until the veggies are well sauced.
- Top with an egg and julienned cucumbers. Enjoy!