The quintessential street food of Korea: tteokbokki! Try it with some fresh gimmari. It will change your life!
- 12 oz rice cakes soaked for 30 mins beforehand
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 to 2 tbsp gochugaru adjust it to how spicy you want it to be
- 1 to 2 tbsp rice syrup/honey/sweetener of your choice adjust it to how sweet you want it to be
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- chopped cabbage however much you want
- fish cakes however much you want
- sesame seeds for garnish
- green onions for garnish
- Soak your rice cakes for 30 minutes prior to cooking. This helps them cook more evenly.
- Add in your water or broth.
- Add in the gochujang, gochugaru, rice syrup, and soy sauce.
- Boil the rice cakes over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the cabbage and fish cakes.
- Cook until the cabbage has wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!