Tteok and Cheese > Macaroni and Cheese. I stand firmly by that.
Tteok and Cheese
The better version of macaroni and cheese.
- 2 cups rice cakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Stove Top Tteok and Cheese
- Over medium heat, boil the tteok in water until the water becomes starchy and the rice cakes are soft.
- Add in the butter and mix it into the rice cakes.
- Add the milk and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the cheeses and combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Mix well.
- You can either eat it stove top or..
Baked Tteok and Cheese
- Transfer your rice cakes and cheese into a baking dish. Top with a generous amount of cheese.
- OPTIONAL: Top with honey butter chips.
- Bake at 375F until golden.
Leave a Reply