In this episode, Namjoon is in charge of making gimbap which is basically a Korean sushi roll minus the raw fish and vinegared rice. I love gimbap because it is so versatile. Got leftover veggies and protein? Make gimbap!
I used some cooked zucchini slices, omelette, cucumber, spinach, carrots and pickled radish but you can use whatever you like/have available.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- pickled daikon
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- nori sheets
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- Mix together the eggs and seasonings.
- In a pan with some oil, pour the egg mixture into an omelette.
- Let the omelette cook. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
- In a pan over medium low heat, sauté spinach with soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds for 5 mins or until the spinach is cooked.
- Mix sesame oil into the rice.
Assembling the gimbap
- Prepare your gimbap fillings.
- Spread a thin layer of rice onto your nori sheet.
- Lay down your choice of vegetables/protein.
- Brush on sesame oil and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Cut into pieces. (tip: if you oil your knife, it'll be easier to cut through the gimbap)
Leave a Reply