The members have finally arrived to the house! Today starts their first day in the soop. What better start to a fun week than with Jjapaguri and steak?
Popularized by the Academy award winning movie, Parasite; is this quick and easy instant noodle dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages and cultures.
Jjapaguri or Chapaguri, is also known as Ram-Don, is a Korean instant noodle dish made by a combining two popular instant noodles produced by Nongshim, Chapagetti and Neoguri.
Chapagetti is the instant noodle version of a well loved dish, Jajangmyeon; Neoguri is similar to jjamppong.
Jajangmyeon, also known as black bean noodles is a Korean-Chinese fusion dish that consists of noodles topped with a thick and hearty sauce made of black bean paste, diced pork and vegetables.
Neoguri is reminiscent of my personal favorite, Jjamppong which is a spicy seafood stew. The instant noodle version features udon noodles in a spicy red seafood soup.
Together, they make jjapaguri which is basically jajangmyeon with spicy seafood kick! Add some steak and you have a proper meal in front of you.
- 1/2 soup base packet of the Neoguri
- 1 packet Neoguri dehydrated vegetables
- 1 packet Neoguri instant udon
- 1 packet Chapagetti sauce
- 1 packet Chapagetti oil
- 1 packet Chapgetti dehydrated vegetables
- 1 steak
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Add water to a pot and bring it to boil.
- Once it is boiling, add in your packets of soup base and vegetables. *Remember, you only use half of the Neoguri soup packet as adding all of it will cause the dish to be too salty*
- Add in both instant noodles from both the Neoguri and Chapagetti
- Boil the noodles until the soup becomes a sauce
- Cook and season your steak to your liking. I enjoy cooking mine with butter and some salt and pepper.
- Combine the steak with the noodles and enjoy!
Leave a Reply