BTS Chicken Shop anymore? In this episode, the members made fried chicken and Jungkook was in charge of making Yangnyeom sauce. The fried chicken is your basic market fried chicken but the star of the show is definitely the yangnyeom sauce. It’s sticky, sweet and spicy which perfectly compliments the crispy fried chicken.
The batter is also so delicious with enoki mushrooms! I may even like it more than the chicken!
A basic but delicious and trusted fried chicken recipe.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix the ingredients for the batter.
- Season the chicken and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Coat the chicken in the batter.
- Fry over medium heat until the chicken is cooked. Don't worry if the chicken isn't crispy.
- After the chicken is cooked, remove from heat.
- Reheat the oil on high.
- Fry the chicken a second time until crispy. This is key for super crunchy fried chicken.
- Serve with the sauce.
Sweet, sticky and spicy. So good.
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice syrup
- 1/4 cup gochujang
- 1 tbsp gochugaru
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sauté the garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it thicken for 5-6 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Leave a Reply