The members are off to the Soop again! This time, Tae’s mom prepared sandwiches and gimbap for them to enjoy on their journey. The only caveat is that I don’t know what kind of sandwich his mom made specifically but that gave me the excuse to make both the tamago sando and the inkigayo sandwich. The inkigayo sandwich is exceptionally delicious because it basically has three sandwich flavors in one.
Three sandwiches in one? Sign me up!
The infamous Inkigayo sandwich has been enjoyed by many K-pop idols before they set stage on SBS’ “Inkigayo” music show. Many idols have been photographed enjoying this sandwich. So much so that convenience stores and supermarkets started to carry them; rebranding them as the “idol” sandwich.
- 3 large hard boiled eggs
- 3-4 tbsp Japanese or extra creamy mayo
- 1/8 tsp white pepper use black pepper as a substitute if needed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 boiled potato
Krab and Cabbage Salad
- 3 sticks imitation crab
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayo or extra creamy mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 4 slices sandwich bread one Inkigayo sandwich uses four slices of bread.
Krab and Cabbage Salad
- Slice the cabbage very finely.
- Chop the intimation krab into small pieces.
- Combine the krab and cabbage.
- Add in the mayo, ketchup and black pepper. If you need it to be more saucey, add more mayo and ketchup in a 2:1 ratio. For example, you need to use 2 tbsp mayo for every 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- Set aside and chill for 30 minutes.
- Smash three hard boiled eggs into crumb sized pieces
- Add in the boiled potatoes and mash to combine.
- Incorporate the mayo, white pepper, sugar and salt into the eggs and potato mixture.
- Mix until homogenous.
Assembling the sandwich
- Cut the crusts off of the sandwich bread slices (optional if you like bread crusts).
- Make a jam sandwich by spreading strawberry jam between two slices of bread.
- Set aside the strawberry jam sandwich.
- On one slice of bread, spread a generous amount of the krab and cabbage salad.
- Place the strawberry jam sandwich on top of the krab and cabbage salad.
- Spread a generous amount of the potato salad on top of the jam sandwich and top with the fourth slice of bread.
- Complete the sandwich.
- Slice and enjoy!