Ready to sweat a bunch? This dish will leave you wanting more while also reaching for a glass of milk to help ease the burn.
This dish is easy to customize as long as you have enough sauce. You can make as much or as little dakgalbi your heart desires. Just add enough sauce until it tastes good.
Dakgalbi (Spicy stir-fried chicken)
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- 3 tbsp gochugaru
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- chopped cabbage
- diced Korean sweet potato
- sliced yellow onions
- sliced boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- tteok (rice cakes)
- Add all the sauce ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the dakgalbi sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes. Overnight would be best!
- Sauté the marinated chicken over medium low heat until 50% cooked.
- Add in the vegetables and rice cakes along with an extra 1-2 tbsp of sauce if you want your dakgalbi to be saucey.
- Cover the ingredients halfway with water so that the tteok and sweet potatoes can cook properly. If you're not using tteok or sweet potatoes then you can omit this step and continue to stir fry until all the ingredients are completely cooked.
- Melt a generous portion of cheese.
- Garnish with green onions.