So, this recipe came about because I had leftover hotteok dough and I’m never going back. This was so delicious!
A Korean hot pocket but better.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 21 grams instant yeast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- a lot of mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar, salt, instant yeast, oil and flour. Mix well.
- Let it rise at room temperature for 90 minutes. It should double in size.
- After 90 minutes, knead the dough until all of the air is released.
- Set aside and let it rise for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, knead again and form into circles.
Preparing the cheese hotteok
- Put 2 tbsp of cheese (or more) in the center of the dough.
- Fold and pinch tight. This is important or else cheese is going to ooze out of the dough while frying. Proceed with caution!
Frying the cheese hotteok
- Heat up oil.
- Carefully, fry the hotteok. Take a spatula and press down on the hotteok to prevent it from puffing up. You want the hotteok to be flat.
- Flip and repeat until both sides are golden.
Brianna jones says
Absolutely love this and it come out wonderful in it tastes so good. 🤩🤩
Wonderful! So glad you liked it!